TAMIL NADU CM HELPLINE FAQs
1. What is the purpose and objectives of Integrated and Inclusive Public Grievance CM Helpline Management System (IIPGCMS)?
The Integrated and Inclusive Public Grievance CM Helpline Management System (CM Helpline) is a two-way communication platform for citizens to register their grievances and get them resolved in one place, conveniently. They can:
- File their grievance(s) anytime and from anywhere.
- Track their grievance(s) and see the status
- Ask questions
- Provide Suggestions for improvement
- See Announcements from the CM
To make the above services widely accessible to the citizens, this service is being delivered via multiple channels – helpline number 1100, web portal, mobile app, email, and post.
Grievances filed by any of these methods get routed to the responsible government office via a single single point of contact, a call centre that addresses, redirects, and tracks the grievances.
This is being done with the goal of making the grievance redressal process integrated and inclusive, thus benefiting citizens through speedy resolution of their grievance(s).
2. What kind of grievances can I submit here?
You can file grievances of the following kinds:
- Issues in availing government schemes or services that you are eligible for
- Civic issues – burning public property / waste, broken streetlights, open manholes, water logging, etc.
- Other public issues
3. How can I submit grievances onto the portal?
Follow these steps:
- Sign up on the portal with your mobile number/email ID. Create user credentials if you are using your email ID.
- Log in to the portal with your mobile number + OTP, or the user credentials.
- Click "File a Grievance”.
- Describe your grievance and fill the form to the best of your knowledge.
- Click “Submit”.
- Your grievance will be registered with the concerned department(s) and you will receive status updates via SMS.
4. In which languages can I submit a Grievance?
You can submit a grievance in Tamil or English.
5. What do I do if I don’t know the concerned department while registering a grievance?
It is recommended that you find out and select the correct department while filling the grievance form, for faster redressal. Only if you are unable to find out, please select the option “Other Petitions” while filling the form. Give us any relevant detail in the description and the rest of the form while submitting the grievance that will help us identify and assign your grievance to the correct department/ office. You can also register your grievance through the District Collector's office or by calling us at 1100.
6. How else can I submit a grievance?
- Mobile app – Android / iOS
- Call the helpline – Dial 1100
- Email the grievance to email@example.com
- Post the grievance to the address mentioned under “Contact Us” at the bottom of this page
- Visit the address mentioned under “Contact Us” at the bottom of this page
- Connect via Twitter and Facebook
- Visit a CSC Centre near you (expected to start this service soon)
7. Can grievances be submitted via post or email?
Yes. You can send grievances via post as well as email. Check the FAQ (“How else can I submit a grievance?")
8. I do not have a smartphone. Can I still file a grievance?
A smart phone is not required. You can use a desktop computer with internet connection for any of the online methods. There are offline methods for filing grievances too. Please check the FAQ “How can I submit grievances onto the portal? “ to know all the methods by which you can file a grievance.
9. Why do I need to log in to use this portal / the mobile app?
This is for us to check the authenticity of the user and the grievance.
It provides you with a unique identity that can help you track your grievances, and know the status of your grievances in one place, anytime.
10. What should I do if I am not able to login to the portal?
Ensure your login credentials are correct. If they are, and the problem persists, report the issue by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meanwhile, you can register your grievance using one of the other methods as listed in FAQ “How else can I submit a grievance?”.
11. What if I do not receive the OTP on my mobile phone?
If you do not receive an OTP within 60 seconds of filing the request, a link named "Resend OTP" will be enabled on the screen. You can request for a fresh OTP by clicking on this button.
If that doesn’t work, you can use our service via our other methods as listed in the FAQ, “How else can I submit a grievance?” You may report the technical issue you are facing, by sending an email to email@example.com
12. What if my mobile number has changed from the last time I filed a grievance(s)?
You can sign up and file a new grievance by using the new number. However, you can’t view your past grievances on the dashboard under “My Dashboard” anymore. You can find out the status by calling the helpline at 1100, and telling them your Grievance ID or the old phone number.
13. Can I attach supporting documents / photos / videos to the grievance?
Yes, you can attach documents / photos / videos up to 20 MB in size totally.
14. Is it necessary to come to the grievance center to register the grievances?
No. You can use any of the following methods:
- The IIPGCMS Portal
- The IIPGCMS mobile app
- Call 1100
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post to the address mentioned under “Contact Us” at the bottom of this page
- Send it via Twitter or Facebook
- Visit a CSC centre near you
You may call anytime from 7 AM – 10 PM, from Monday - Sunday, including government holidays
16. How long will it take to address my grievance?
Every department has a timeline as per their Service Level Agreement (SLA) to complete the grievance redressal process. Within that time frame, the grievance will be addressed.
17. What is the procedure followed by the IIPGCMS Helpline team to keep the aggrieved citizens updated on their grievance redressal?
On successful submission of a grievance, an acknowledgment is auto-generated by the system. The citizen will get an acknowledgment SMS on submission and on closing of the grievance. One can also track the grievance by logging in the portal, and going to the “My Dashboard” section.
18. How can I track the grievance(s) already filed by me?
Login to the portal. Go to the section “My Dashboard”. You will find the list of the past grievances you have submitted. Click on the grievance you want to track to see the status.
Other than this, once you successfully submit a grievance, you will get an acknowledgment.
19. On this portal / the app, can I track the grievance(s) I submitted via any of the other methods too?
We do not have that provision on the portal/ app as of now. That option is available only via the call center, that is, you may call 1100 to find out the status of your grievance submitted by any of the other methods.
20. After closing a grievance, can it be reopened?
Yes, if you have a valid reason for the same. You may call the helpline at 1100, mention the grievance ID, and ask them to reopen the grievance. The helpline representative will reopen the grievance for further processing based on the merit of the grievance. Alternatively, you may also file a new grievance and mention the existing grievance ID. Please note that there is a limit to the number of times you may reopen a grievance.
21. What should I do if the action taken is not satisfactory?
You may request to reopen the grievance. Please refer to the FAQ “After closing a grievance, can it be reopened?”
22. Is there any mechanism to provide feedback about the quality of resolution provided for my grievance?
This option will be made available soon.
23. What should I do if the portal stops responding or displays an error?
Try the following:
- Refresh the browser.
- Log out and log in again.
- Try a different browser.
- Ensure your internet connection is working
- If none of this works, send us an email at email@example.com .
24. I have a question that was not answered in this FAQ. What should I do?
Visit our section “Ask a Question” in our portal, and send us your question. Responses will be available under “My Dashboard”. If you do not hear from us, call the helpline at 1100, or visit the center (See the “Contact Us” details at the bottom of this page).